Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The First Days by Logan





On day 1 I woke up at 3:30am to leave for the airport.  My flight left at 6.  It took us 3 1/2 hours to get to Miami and 1 hour to Port-Au-Prince.  When at the airport it was hot and muggy while we waited for the bags.  On the car ride to our place, I saw how run down and dirty, which surprised me since it was not even in the slums.  Right when we got to our home, we put our bags down and had a taco dinner.  Afterwards we went directly to the pool across the street (hotel let's us use it :)).  We then interacted with some of the locals in our neighborhood. Then we all crashed.  

Day 2  I woke up at 7:30, ate breakfast and got on the truck.  We went to the water truck station and from there we went to a district of Cite Soleil "worst slum in Haiti".  When some of the adults helped fill buckets of water, some of the younger kids, like me, hugged and played with the younger kids.  I especially liked how all the kids were happy even though they lived in one of the worst places.  Even though I can't do everything the Lord has helped me give what I can.  


Written by Logan Beale (age 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment